Friday 24 January 2014

DIY CUSHION COVER



So I LOVE LOVE decorative pillows! I mean, COME ON, who doesn’t? 

They make any boring room look spectacular. However they are also a HUGE expense when you want at least 15 on your bed alone, and then you need some for the couch and armchairs, at least 1 each for the outdoor chairs, the chair on the front porch needs 3 and the spare room needs...you get my drift.

So I decided to make my own, not because I have any sewing skills, my sister Lucy can attest to that, but because the YouTube video I found made it look so simple that even I could do it, famous last words, huh?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4OLOuGmnCU 

Anyway...I started by looking for inspiration on Pinterest (this is not a necessary step!) I then went and bought my two cushions from IKEA, the first one is 60cm x 60cm and the second is 1m x 1m. I bought some fabric from Spotlight I believe I bought about 2m of each (don’t quote me, do your own measurements!) and then I worked my magic.

The whole project costs me about $20.00 and took me about 20 minutes (would’ve taken less if I hadn’t had to iron the fabric! Buy fabric that doesn't need IRONING!) And voila! my brand new cushions – shame they don’t match, but now that I know how easy it is, I am going to go crazy making heaps of matching ones for every room in the house!

Mamma's gonna be so proud!




Good luck and have fun!
Yvonne Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment